Thursday 25 July 2013

Week 1: London Bound

With a hop skip and a jump, uh hum, more like an alarming leap out of bed, followed by some panicked packing, which actually involved me sitting on my suitcase (a first for me!) and then a mad sprint for the car, I arrived at Aberdeen Airport and embarked on my Little Red Flight to London.


Sat beside my two coursemates, Martin and Kirsty I soon arrived in London Heathrow and boarded the Express Train to Central London's Paddington Station.


From Paddington Station we got a taxi to Cordwainers Court, our student accommodation and home for the next three weeks.


In comparison with my accommodation last year in Paris (a white box of a room which was too small for words to express) Cordwainers Court was much nicer than I ever expected. Of course it had nothing to do with the fact that I got keys to the brand new block that opened a week before I arrived!  


After sussing out our halls and a little unpacking we decided to have a wander around our surrounding area of Hackney. We soon stumbled upon a lovely wine bar and ordered a bottle of Prosecco, toasting to the next three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment