Sunday 15 September 2013

Week Two: V & A

Sooo in among all our classes we managed to find time to squeeze in a visit to the Victorian Albert Museum, it was my first ever time at the V&A...I was VERY excited! We got tickets to see the'Club to Catwalk: London Fashion in the 1980s' exhibition. I literally spent ages in there! That's what I love most about exhibitions, they let you forget who you are opening a completely new world in which you can get lost. And the V&A exhibition did not let me down. I am fascinated by the story of fashion and the Club to Catwalk exhibition allowed me to take a step back to the 80's. The 80's, the decade of rebellion, extremes, extravagance and creativity. It was a fashion revolution and I loved it!


I then took a wander around the rest of the fashion area (...I just might have had my nose pressed up against the glass...) These are by far my favourite things I saw...





I couldn't go to the V&A without buying the magazine, so I have another magazine to add to my ever growing collection (am like my Dad, I can't through anything out!)


This has to be one of my favourite photos, it was right before I realised I had left my bed covers in the laundry room, which closed in 40 minutes.....by some kind of miracle I made it back in time and spent the evening using my hairdryer to dry my bedcovers...I am such a fail at life sometimes!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment